body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/cursors/cur-11/cur1058.ani), url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/cursors/cur-11/cur1058.png), progress !important;}

Results

The results we got was (-268.34+/- 23.5)ºC.We had a max of -244ºC and a min of -291ºC.I will try my best to write out the equation we used to get our percentage error:
|(268.34-273.15)/273.15| which we got 1.76% (3 Sig Fig)

Our results had a percentage of 1.76% margin error. Quite close shown in the second graph. The picture of the first graph is here:As you can see, the line reaches somewhere near -273.15ºC. It is way better than the previous one because we made changes to improve the experiment.This time, we placed the temperature sensor inside the test tube so that it would be recording the temperature inside the test tube.Then we faced another problem.The rubber stopper had a small crack when we placed it in the liquid nitrogen and therefore the pressure was wrong as air leaked out.We tried a few times and realised that it could hold the pressure for a while before it starts to leak.So we recorded the results, we did it at the excat moment when the recording stablied, based on the datalogger,and before it leaks.The nitrogen lowered the pressure in the test tube so when the pressure got too low,the rubber stopper cracked.


This one, well, it is not so successful because the thermocouple and the pressure sensor are not recording the temperature and pressure at the right place,which is in the liquid.The thermocouple is measuring the temperature surrounding the test tube, the air leaks out so the pressure is not correct.



No comments:

Post a Comment